10% Discount

on mixed and un-mixed cases of 12 bottles

5% Discount

5% off mixed cases of 6

Free UK delivery

on cases over £150 (minimum order £75). More details here

2021 CINSAULT, Chapter One, Miles Mossop. Swartland, South Africa

Bin:  428

Alcohol percentage:  13.5%


Miles Mossop is the charismatic winemaker for the stunning Tokara winey. He also makes a small range of wines under his own label. From his website:
“This 100% Cinsault is from a single 22-year-old bush vine vineyard in the Swartland growing on decomposed granite, Oakleaf/Clovelly, soils.
The grapes were harvested at around 22,6 brix on the 3rd February. The grapes are picked into small grape crates and put in a cold store overnight. 60% of the fruit is loaded by hand whole bunch into the fermenter and the remaining 40% destemmed and crushed on top. A small amount of SO2 is added to protect the must during the 5-day cold soak. While the must warms up the fermentation starts naturally.
Fermentation lasts around 10 days during which time punch-downs twice a day are done for extraction. The wine was left on the skins for additional maceration. It spent a total of 30 days on the skins. After which the wine was drained off and the pomace pressed in a vertical basket press.
The wine was matured in old 225L French oak barriques for around 9 months before being bottled unfiltered and unfined in November 2019.”

Old Bridge rating:

South Africa has re-discovered its Cinsault, previously used to soften some tough old Cabernet Sauvignon.
Treated with care it produces gentle, elegant red wine, somewhere between a Pinot Noir and a Grenache in style.


£18.95 per bottle in a mixed case of 6 bottles
£17.96 per bottle in a mixed case of 12 bottles